Rank lists, as given below, will be prepared based on the aggregate marks obtained in IIT-JEE 2012.
- A common rank list made up of candidates who score at least 10% in each subject and 35% in aggregate will be prepared.
- Separate rank lists will be prepared corresponding to OBC (NCL), SC and ST categories.
- Candidates of OBC (NCL) category must score at least 9% in each subject and 31.5% in aggregate in order to be in the OBC rank list.
- Candidates of SC and ST categories must score at least 5% in each subject and 17.5% in aggregate in order to be in their respective rank lists.
PD Rank Lists
- A common rank list will be prepared for PD candidates. To be in the PD rank list, candidates must score at least 5% in each subject and 17.5% in aggregate.
- Separate PD rank lists will be prepared corresponding to the OBC (NCL), SC and ST categories. To be in these rank lists, candidates must score at least 5% in each subject and 17.5% in aggregate.
Preparatory Course Rank Lists
Separate rank lists will be prepared for preparatory course if the number of SC/ST/PD candidates in the respective rank lists is less than 1.4 times the number of seats available in the respective categories. To be in these rank lists, candidate must score at least 2.5% in each subject and 8.75% in aggregate.
For the purpose of ranking, a candidate shall be considered in all the appropriate categories.
There will be no separate waiting list of candidates.
The tie-break criterion, in the various rank lists, adopted for awarding ranks to the candidates who have scored the same aggregate marks is as follows:
Subject-wise average marks will be calculated for each rank list. Among the candidates having the same aggregate marks, a candidate will be ranked higher, if he/she has scored higher marks in the subject with the lowest average marks calculated as above. If there is a tie after this procedure, then the marks obtained by the tied candidates in the subject with the second-lowest average marks will be considered, and the above procedure will be repeated. Candidates tied even after this procedure will be given the same rank.
Note: Obtaining a rank in IIT-JEE 2012 does not guarantee admission to any of the courses available in IITs, IT-BHU and ISM Dhanbad.